MND and Me Foundation Limited is a not for profit organisation formed to ensure no one has to face Motor Neurone Disease (MND) alone.

  • The Foundation contributes financially toward research into finding a cure for MND.  Until a cure is found, the Foundation’s major objectives are to ensure those who have to live with this terrible disease, and their families, are supported in financial and non-financial ways.
  • As the symptoms of MND increase, the level of care needed to remain at home also increases. Families need to adapt to the constantly changing levels of disabilities. They need physical and emotional support. They need community acceptance.

The Foundation intends to be there for them to:

  • Raise funds to help discover treatments and a cure for MND
  • Serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by MND to live their lives to the fullest.


  • MND is a progressive neurodegenerative disease.
  • There is no cure for MND.
  •  MND can affect anyone at any stage of their lives.
  • There are ~2000 people currently affected by MND in Australia (60% male, 40% female).
  • Every day in Australia, 2 people are diagnosed with MND, and 2 people die from MND.
  • The estimated lifetime risk for MND is 1:300.
  • About 10% of cases run in the family, the remaining 90% of cases have no known genetic link. 
  • The total economic cost of MND in Australia was $2.37 billion in 2015, which equates to $1.1 million per person.